11 July 2012

Vegetable Quesadilla with Coriander

Today I was reminded again just how much I LOVE my job! It was my organization's summer field day, and I spent all day playing outdoor games with the kiddos from all over the city that we teach. The weather was beautiful, everyone got some A LOT of exercise, and I wish I would have remembered my camera! I'll see if I can snatch a few from some coworkers!

Lunch the other day was TRULY an experiment. I had a bunch of "random" vegetables, and I decided to just throw them all together as a giant mélange in a quesadilla.  



I used a whole wheat tortilla, put 1 Tablespoon of sun dried tomato-basil hummus on it, then layered baby spinach, leftover green beans, zucchini, and mushrooms, sprinkled with a little asiago cheese and ground coriander.

I love asiago cheese because it's strong enough that you only need a little to get a lot of flavor. If you use salt often, you don't need to add any to a simple dish like this because the asiago cheese is salty enough. (If you're a pepper person like me, all you need to add is, well, pepper!)

Here's what the quesadilla looked liked after it was cooked:  


It actually tasted really good! I found I didn't need to precook the zucchini (the green beans were already cooked), and the mushrooms and spinach cooked perfectly in the time I left the quesadilla in the pan. The coriander added GREAT flavor! I added some plums and almonds, and it was a yummy lunch!


Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment