08 July 2012

Tomato and Basil Hummus Tuna Salad

So you're hungry and in the mood for some sort of seafood, but not something too fishy, and you want something healthy and quick. What do you make?


Perhaps tuna salad? Instead of using mayonnaise for your tuna salad, why not try using hummus? This healthier alternative can give you a much BIGGER burst of flavor, which means you can also sneak more veggies in! 


Any kind of hummus will do. I usually use roasted garlic, but this time I happened to use my mom's flavorful homemade sun dried tomato and basil hummus!


Tomato and Basil Hummus Tuna Salad


What food you'll need:


~ Zucchini squash
~ White onion
~ 2 Cherries
~ 1 to 2 Fresh bella mushrooms (or any kind you want)
~ Fresh spinach (I used organic baby spinach) 
~ Pomegranate seeds
~ 1 Hard boiled egg white
~ 2.5 oz (17 g) Package (1 package) of tuna in water
~ 2 Tablespoons of hummus

What I Did:
  1. Drain tuna and scoop into a bowl
  2. Load up on the veggies (I used 1 to 2 Tablespoons of each, with a little bit more of the spinach) and add them (chopped), as well as the hard boiled egg white, to the tuna
  3. Add the hummus, mix together, and enjoy! (If desired, add some seasoning like pepper, but if you used a flavored hummus, it's already going to be pretty flavorful)
DONE!



Since I am not a big seafood fan, this is one of my go-to recipes because you can't even really tell it's fish! I'll use whatever veggies and hummus I happen to have at the time. How did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment