01 August 2012

Mushroom Asiago Omelet

Rise and Shine!

This morning started out with a 4-mile run in the park.  It definitely felt good to beat the heat today!  When I got home, I added about 10 minutes of some strength exercises that included:
  • 15 Push-ups
  • 15 Lunges
  • 15 Free weight tricep extensions
  • 30 Seconds mountain climbers
  • 15 Double leg lifts
  • 10 Back extensions (Every other one, I held for 10 seconds)
 Repeat, switching legs for the lunges.

Foodwise:

Lately, I've been eating a lot of mushrooms.  With practically anything and everything, I've just been throwing them in!  Yesterday I made a delicious mushroom and asiago egg white omelet.  Adding some fresh cantaloupe and watermelon made for a yummy and satisfying breakfast! 


Veggie Quesadilla with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Here's another venture with, you guessed it, mushrooms!  It wasn't my favorite combination of flavors, but it still tasted okay, and definitely filled me up.  I think it would have been better with garlic hummus.


Into the tortilla went:
  • 1 Tablespoon roasted red pepper hummus
  • Bella mushrooms
  • Red and orange bell peppers
  • Baby kale
  • Sprinkle of black pepper
I love using baby kale because it is more tender than regular kale, and tastes great mixed with baby spinach, making for a tasty salad.

I should have sautéed the peppers for a couple minutes before putting them with everything else but I was running a bit short on time. 


Now off to catch some much-needed ZZZs!

 You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Ooh!! This sounds and looks amazing! Love all the components! I Love red pepper hummus too!! I've actually never had baby kale before. I def need to go on a hunt now hehe.

    ReplyDelete