31 July 2012

Tomato Bake

It's been a few days (well, more than a few days :) ), but I think I'm back! I'm working out a regular posting schedule, which should commence shortly.  :)

The last few days, I've been using fresh tomatoes to make what my mom and I named several years ago when there was an overload of tomatoes from the garden: The Tomato Bake.

The recipe is simple:
  1. Chop up tomatoes into large chunks. 
  2. Put whatever else you want in it. 
  3. Put in oven or, in my case, toaster oven, and bake.  
  4. Eat.
In the past, I've used things like other vegetables (including sweet potatoes!), cashews, or some sort of other protein like leftover chicken to mix with the tomatoes. Every time, though, I use TONS of spices.

I usually add a good amount of garlic, oregano, basil, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. This time, I used some of the above spices along with a touch of chili powder, that actually added a really interesting flavor. I also put a few pieces of pepperoni in it, and sprinkled it with asiago cheese.


The bowl doesn't come out looking very pretty, but it's oh so yummy, especially if you're a tomato addict like I am!

Question of the day: What is one food you LOVE to cook with?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment