09 July 2012

Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip

This dip was inspired from something I saw the other day from Keep Your Diet Real (See Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip for original recipe; it's delicious!) 


Of course, being me, I decided to tweak it a little and see what happens.  The result?  A (still) tasty anytime dip!

I would like to point out that I do not count calories.  I do, however, watch how many high energy dense foods I eat per meal.  That's why when my mother introduced powdered peanut butter to me that was only 45 calories for 2 Tablespoons (compare to that of 190-200 calories per serving of regular peanut butter!), was lower in sodium, and still had tons of protein, I knew I was eventually going to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen with it! The best part? It's literally just crushed up peanuts with significantly less added salt and sugar!    

(I am not, in any way, being paid to review this product)  :)   


Only 45 Calories per serving!
Here is what you'll need for the peanut butter dip:


1/2 Cup of nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons of powdered (or regular) peanut butter
1/2 Tablespoon of honey

What I did:

Simply mix all three ingredients together and enjoy! (There is no need to mix the powdered peanut butter with water before adding it to the yogurt. Just put the powder right into the bowl!)


Do any of you use powdered peanut butter too? 

No comments:

Post a Comment