Yesterday morning I felt like eating something a bit spicier than usual. A frittata with jalapeño sounded like it would fill that craving.
What You'll Need:
~ 1 Whole egg
~ 3 Egg whites
~ 1 Jalapeño, thinly sliced
~ 1/2 Zucchini squash, thinly sliced
~ 1/3 to 1/2 White onion, sliced
~ 2 Bella mushrooms
~ Asiago cheese
~ 1 Tablespoon olive oil
~ Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat an oven/broiler setting to 350 to 375 degrees
- Heat about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat
- Sauté the onion and jalapeño until tender
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms to the pan and sauté those until tender
- Beat the eggs with a fork and add to the pan; Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired
- Cook until the edges start to set
- Put in oven to finish cooking
- When done, lightly sprinkle the top with asiago cheese
|Peaches added some yummy, sweet juiciness.|
It was the last day of programming at my summer youth site, and it was time to say goodbye to the kids I've been teaching for the last couple of months. They were some of best kids I taught this year and I'm going to miss them!
I rounded up what kiddos I could find before I left so we could take a few pictures.
Have a great night!
You might also like: