01 February 2014

Hot Chocolate, Please!

It has been snowing all day today!  Why couldn't this have happened on Christmas morning?


In other news, I have officially signed up for another half marathon, complete with hot chocolate to welcome us at the finish line!  Yum!  After my last race (below), I had a blast but wasn't super happy with my time, so I'm excited to try and improve on it!  

 
Foodwise...
Lunch today consisted of a delicious, homemade...
Apple & Black Bean Turkey Burger 


If you love a fiber rich, flavorful burger (without added salt, I might add), then this one is for you!


What I Used:

- ~1.5 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 2 Medium Gala Apples, finely chopped (~2.5 Cups)
- 3/4 Cup Roughly Smashed Black Beans
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Heaping Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper, to taste

What to Do:

- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture into 3 oz patties. (There isn't much cooking loss, so they're still decently sized.)
- Push into the middle of each patty to make them slightly concave.
- Cook on stove over medium high heat, about 3-4 minutes on each side.  There's no need to grease the pan (at least with my nonstick pan).  Be sure to check the temperature.  Ideally, these burgers should reach an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Enjoy!

Yield: 15 Burgers


They look burned, but I assure you they're not!

 
Question of the Day:  Has anyone ever done an international half marathon?  We met a woman at the last race who travels all over the world to walk in half marathons.  Some places apparently give you wine along the way!  That would be so fun to basically do a walking tour of Italy or France while completing a half marathon!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment