31 May 2013

Half Marathon, Here I Come!

Happy Summer!

Someone's not too happy with me...
Sorry for being nonexistent for so long! Thanks to those of you who inquired if I was still going to keep Hugs and Kiwis running! I'm glad that you've stumbled upon my little space of the blog world and are still following! I'll do my best to catch you up on the last few, okay more than a few, months. Let the recap begin!


Have you ever used the website MapMyRun.com? When I discovered it early last year I only used it a couple of times, but now I use it like crazy, because, let's face it, sometimes I can be pretty directionally challenged, and it's easy to use.

I've gotten lost simply walking Charlie when I decided to try a new route (bonus for Charlie since we probably walked an extra mile or two before I called my dad to look up how to get "unlost") and I've even gone the wrong way during a cross country meet in school. Fortunately, I didn't go too far before someone corrected me.

What I like about MapMyRun is that you can log/save each route you do. Now that I've signed up for my first half marathon in September, this will come in handy as I'm buckling down and doing longer runs!


Foodwise...

Here's a snapshot of some of the things I've eaten since my last post!  More details/recipes to come for some!

Veggie Scrambled Egg Whites w/Apples & PB2 Dip

Zucchini Mushroom Omelet w/Apples and PB2 Dip

Berry-Loaded Oatmeal w/PB2 and Toasted Coconut

Cheesy Mushroom Broccoli Omelet

Chicken Pineapple Scrambles w/Honey Glazed Carrots

Green Onion Asiago Omemlet
 

Pineapple Chicken Wrap

Hot Apple Cider (Which I promptly checked off my Autumn 2012 bucket list!)

 My Mom's Homemade Pizza!!

Roasted Veggie/Sweet Potato Wrap

Real Fruit Roll-up

Dark Chocolate Banana "Ice Cream"

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Green Smoothie

Cauliflower/Sweet Potato Mashed Potatoes

Chicken Fajita Salad
 


Well, it's a start, right?  If any of the above looks good to you, check back later for some recipes!  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment